RE: 8 MB Flash Card support

Hi Jon,

(I cc'd this mail to port-hpcmips.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Gerhart <jongerhart@hotmail.com>
To: takemura@netbsd.org <takemura@netbsd.org>
Date: Friday, February 11, 2000 8:45 PM
Subject: 8 MB Flash Card support

>    Hello,
>What packages were the files you suggested to use in? I also do not have a
>PCMCIA card formatter for my desktop. I have one on my PowerBook G3 but
that
>is not SCSI and not UNIX. I think I could reformat the card if I had some
of
>the Mac Utils. Sorry to bring up MacOS again :) But I would really like to
>know which packages to download and install. Thanks, Jon

You can use these files from ftp.netbsd.org:

/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/snapshot/20000118/binary/sets/base.tgz
/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/compile/GENERIC/netbsd.tgz

But, these two come to 16MB, which are even in gzip'd format. You
must pick up files from that. 8MB is very tight. And you should
format your card with BSD file system (ffs).

Any one have bettter idea ?

Takemura