Re: 3.3V PC card is available on hpcmips ?

From: ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp
Subject: 3.3V PC card is available on hpcmips ?
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:16:09 +0900

: 頑張り次第で3.3Vカードを使えるようにできるものでしょうか?

いえ。3.3Vのカードのサポートはありません。pcicは3.3Vのstandardをありません。
RicohのサポートがIntel 82365SL Step DFでしません。Cirrus Logicの
サポートがVadem 469でしません。FreeBSDのsys/pccard/pcic_isa.cは3.3Vの
カードをサポートします。

[ 済みません、が これは日本語で書けません。英語で書きます。]

The VS1 and VS2 signals are critical for 3.3V support.  When
automatically powering a card, one must read these signals, which is
chipset specific, and apply the porper power to the card based on
their settings.  3.3V power control is specific to each chipset as
well.  And some chipsets do not support it at all.  It took me quite a
long time go get FreeBSD's code to support 3.3V cards as well as it
does (which is OK for some chipsets, NG for others).

Some cards can support both 3.3V and 5.0V operation.  These card
generally are detected as 5.0V cards, but have a CIS config entry that
says that it will support 3.3V.  FreeBSD's code doesn't cope with that
at all, but Windows will prefer the 3.3V entries over the 5.0V entries
to save power.

I had planned on writing 3.3V support for the NetBSD code and porting
that to FreeBSD's port of the NetBSD code (FreeBSD has two different
pccard implementations at the moment), but have not found the time to
do that.  My job will keep me busy for the next month or two as well,
so I don't know when I'll have time to do this.

I have a 3.3V wireless card that I'd like to use on my Mobile Pro 780
and/or my MobileGear II MC/R430.

Warner