Forward: Re: pkgsrc in arch

mglとか、pkgsrc/pocketbsd以下を、pkgsrcにマージするための
作業をはじめようと思います。
現状についてHubertさんからコメントをいただきました。

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Jun Ebihara wrote:
> pkgsrc/pocketbsd tree contain
>     the small windows system MGL
>       Supported:
>             Pocketbsd
>             NetBSD/hpcmips,NetBSD/mac68k,NetBSD/i386
>             PocketLinux (Linux on MobileGear)
>             LinuxVR (Linux for Windows CE)
>             Linux/7k (Linux for Psion5)
>     PDA/PIM application running on MGL
>     Detail http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcmips/mgl2.html

*look*

Sounds interresting. Thoughts on integration:

General:
 * integrate after the 1.5 is out, let's ship 1.5 with what's there now
 * use $NetBSD RCS IDs, not $Id$
 * DESCR files should be more than 1 line, see existing ones
 * The goal of pkgsrc is to add locale support to existing apps, not keep
   one pkg for each locale. (japanese/tcsh, ...)
 * no empty lines in PLIST (pkglint should warn about that)
 * NO_CDROM is dead, please use NO_BIN_ON_FTP/CDROM
 * Fix CATEGORIES to match categories by functionality (mgvncviewer ->
   net, ...)

Pkgs:
 * editors/ng: import as is
 * japanese/nxedit: is this japanese/kanji/canna/... only, or does it
   also do latin charsets? If so, it should be go to
   pkgsrc/editors/nxedit, and the pkg name shold be changed.
 * japanese/tcsh: please merge with shells/tcsh, and also send any changes
   back to the tcsh maintainer (christos@netbsd.org :-)
 * mbone/{vat6,vic6,wbd}: If IPv6 support can be merged into vat/vic, do
   so. Else, just import them.
 * mk: I didn't see any changes here, please let me know if I'm missing
   something obvious.
 * pkgtools/distfile_info: unsure - isn't most of this already in
   lintpkgsrc (part of pkglint package)?
 * pocketbsd/*: I'm not sure if we should keep that whole category. Is
   this all mgl apps? A (probably better) way is to import the pkgs into
   the category that matches their functionality:
 * pocketbsd/imcanna: -> pkgsrc/japanese/imcanna? Fix pkg version
 * pocketbsd/imkaze:  -> pkgsrc/japanese/imkaze? Fix pkg versio
 * pocketbsd/improxy: -> pkgsrc/japanese/improxy? Fix pkg version
 * pocketbsd/mgl -> pkgsrc/graphics/mgl? Fix typo in COMMENT
 * pocketbsd/mglfonts: -> pkgsrc/graphics/mglfonts? fix version, garbace
   collect NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES
 * pocketbsd/mgnetmaj: cannot determine good place from pkg/DESCR or
   pkg/COMMENT. the LICENCE looks wrong, please see existing
   pkgs that use LICENSE or have similar restrictions; COMMENT is
   non-descriptive, see 'General' for DESCR & PLIST
 * pocketbsd/mgvncviewer: if this is a VNC viewer, put it into
   pkgsrc/net/mgnvncviewer (whic reminds me that our net/vnc pkg
   could be split into a vncviewer and a vncserver pkg...); fix version,
   COMMENT, DESCR, PLIST (see 'General' section above);
 * pocketbsd/mkobo: Is thios the same as xkobo? If so, please move it
   to pkgsrc/games/mkobo. Again, fix COMMENT, DESCR, PLIST as described
   above;
 * pocketbsd/mnw: no clue where this belongs, the homepage is not very
   helpful, please fix COMMENT and DESCR and PLIST (see above)
 * pocketbsd/taskmg: -> pkgsrc/sysutils/taskmg?

> > I'd suggest following the style of src/distrib/utils and check if SMALL is
> > set. If so, strip away features. I guess people would like that in
> > general, not only for an embedded environment.
>
> I agree.

OK. I suggest you make these and the above changes now to pocketbsd (while
the NetBSD pkgsrc is still frozen), so you can import things easier
afterwards.

Unless you want to help us out on the freeze, fixing PRs from
http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/pkg.html, of course. ;-)

BTW when this integration is done we should tell the world that NetBSD's
pkgsrc now merged in the PocketBSD pkgsrc. :)

Let us know if you have any questions!

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>